Snowfall Warning
January 16, 2022

Dear TCDSB Community:

As you may know, Environment Canada has issued a snowfall warning for the City of Toronto with a significant amount of snow overnight and tomorrow. We are writing to notify you of plans in the event the forecast impacts our ability to operate school buses and open schools to in-person learning tomorrow.

We will continue to assess the situation in the morning and will make a decision and share with staff and families by 6 a.m.

Please note that if the decision is made to cancel buses and close schools to in-person learning, school staff and students will continue with remote learning for the day.

Childcare facilities may be open, but we ask families to confirm directly with their childcare provider.

While we had shared TCDSB's Inclement Weather Protocol last month, given the unique circumstances with school staff and students already learning/working remotely for the last two weeks, we felt it would be best to continue with remote learning for students in kindergarten to grade 12 for one additional day, to avoid any further disruption to learning.

We will communicate the final decision to staff and families by 6 a.m., January 17, 2022 so that all can plan accordingly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to maintain the safety and well-being of our community.


Toronto Catholic District School Board